All businesses listed in this directory provide services to the Middle Peninsula.- Please search by category or terms related to a company's service. -
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451, US
WSSI employs nearly 200 engineers, environmental scientists, arborists, regulatory specialists, GIS specialists, archeologists, surveyors, compliance inspectors, and ecosystem specialists across five offices in the Mid-Atlantic. We currently maintain over 26 Certified Arborists, 25 Professional Wetland Scientists, 14 Professional Engineers, 6 Certified Floodplain Managers, 4 Certified Ecologists, and numerous other employees that hold professional licensure or certifications and advanced training or degrees relevant to the Fight the Flood Program.
• Environmental Science, including delineation of wetlands and other Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS)
• §404/401 Clean Water Act Permitting and Compliance
• NEPA Studies and Documents
• Civil, Stormwater, and Water Resources Engineering
• Environmental Compliance
• Stream & Wetland Restoration & Mitigation
• Ecosystem Restoration and Management
• Cultural Resource Investigations
• Land and Bathymetric Surveying
• Forest Conservation, Urban Forestry Planning, & Specialized Tree Preservation
• GIS/Mapping Services
• Environmental Site Assessments and Hazardous Materials Investigations
• Air Quality Studies and Permitting
• Chesapeake Bay Act Studies, Permitting, and Compliance
• §303e Clean Water Act Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Projects
• UAV and Reality Capture Services
Painter, Virginia 23420, US
STEM Teaching and training ODU Elizabeth River project
– provide standard work processes and procedures robotic surface hydro drone manual with faculty training 1 week summer class robotic hydro drone operation at Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club Brock Environmental Center
– morning class for VA Beach HS students, afternoon MS Pungoteague, VA and Harborton
– 1 day class for home school students See YouTube Channel link Data acquisition support for: Project permitting processes (living shoreline, dredging, change monitoring) Project documentation
– planning, permitting, construction, follow on progress monitoring Chris Davis 804.338.3103 Ready Reef Inc. 504 Smoketree Court, Richmond, VA 23236 Russ Burke 804.815.0272 Biogenic Solutions Consulting support for harbor, beach restoration project Dr. Richard Snyder, Director VIMS ESL Starting bathymetric mapping with hydro drones of 3 sq miles of south Burton Bay for use in identification of potential seagrass restoration sites
Bathymetric Maps We create maps of creeks, ponds, lakes, and other bodies of water cheaper and faster than traditional methods. These maps can be viewed digitally or printed physically. Change Monitoring Using sonar systems and high resolution 360 degree cameras above and below the water, we provide the footage you need to track the change of environmental projects, aquaculture crops, and other areas of interest. Marine Infrastructure Inspection Our hydro drones provide video footage of bridges, piers, docks, and other infrastructure safer, faster, and from perspectives unattainable by other methods. Education We teach STEM classes on hydro drone operation, environmental monitoring, engineering methods and practices, geodesy, and surveying .
Additional services includes full documentation of construction project contruction stages and ongoing updates on project conditions such as living shorelines.
Data acquisition for project planning and permitting Documentation of project construction phases Bathymetric mapping for project design, dredging, channel location Environmental change monitoring Marine infrastructure inspection Education.
Monroe, New Jersey 08094, US
Our FloodDefender system design is based on the following Standards:
• American National Standard for Flood Mitigation Equipment (ANSI/FM 2510-2020)
• US Army Corps of Engineers – Maximum Impact Forces of Woody Debris on Floodplain
• Structures (February 2018)
• International Building Code (IBC)
• American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
• American Iron and Steel Institute, North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing (AISI)
• Steel Stud Manufacturers Association (SSMA)
• NOTE : The engineering analyses indicate maximum steel fiber stresses and deflections to be acceptable for the application with sufficient factors of safety under all loading conditions required by applicable codes and guidelines. Engineering Analyses have been third party peer reviewed for methodology and accuracy
Portadam has been providing temporary water diversion solutions for nearly four decades. Our full product lineup and service-oriented approach ensures that your needs will be met. For your flood protection needs, we help you obtain a flood risk analysis report on your location based on proprietary scientific analysis. A comprehensive flood protection implementation plan can also be developed by our expert team. We can then design and deliver the best flood protection system to protect your property. Our experts provide initial and subsequent annual refresher training to your on-site team to ensure proper deployment of your flood protection barrier when required. You have the flexibility to select the best combination of our full-service offerings to meet your exact requirements.
We offer a full range of flood protection services:
-Site surveys and analysis reports
-Comprehensive flood protection implementation plan
-Variety of flood fighting products, including: FloodDefender Our best-in-class flood barrier is constructed of high-quality steel and lightweight aluminum, topped with an impervious, reinforced PVC sealing sheet. Each barrier system is custom built for your site.
– Rapidly Deployable: 150 linear feet goes up in 45 minutes with a crew of four (link)
– Easy to Assemble: No tools required, no piece weighs over 25 pounds
– Compact Storage: A 150 linear foot barrier of 48” height protection can be stored in a single 6’ x 4’ x 4’ portable, stackable crate (insert link or image)
– Customizable, Modular Design: Our experts design custom barriers with a variety of heights and shapes.
– Built to Last: The core metal components last decades, and the sealing sheet is rated for 7 years of continuous UV exposure.
Portadam Expanded Flood Fighting Brochure
Portadam FloodDefender™ One Page Brochure
Gloucester, Virginia 23061, US
Marine construction, living shoreline design and build. Design, permitting and construction.
Maidens, Virginia 23102, US
Native Shorelines is a turn-key provider of Living Shorelines to private landowners, communities, institutions, and any riparian landowner experiencing shoreline erosion. We handle the entire process from initial landowner outreach through permitting and installation. We offer Living Shorelines that are an environmentally superior, competitively priced alternative to hardened bulkheads and seawalls. As a more effective and environmentally sound solution, Living Shorelines can improve water quality, provide fisheries habitat, increase biodiversity, and promote recreation. Native Shorelines utilizes its patent-pending QuickReef modules which are made from predominantly native materials. Installation is conducted by hand, wherever possible, and integrated within the landscape to minimize disruption to the existing conditions at the site. Our QuickReef modules act as natural barriers to wave energy, actively trap sediment, and allow marshes to accrete and adapt as sea level rises.
Boca Raton, Florida 33487, US
SOX Erosion Solutions™ designs manufacture and distributes patented bioengineered erosion control systems that immediately halt shoreline and hillside erosion while promoting vegetation.
One of our managing partners is in a stormwater erosion and sedimentation control inspector training program.
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/soxerosion/
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/sox-erosion-solutions/
Buffalo, New York 14228, US
*Emerging company and RISE winner.
We design and manufacture structural walls with extension and retraction capabilities to provide on-demand flood control and storm-surge protection. We envision the Smart Walls as that piece of smart infrastructure that can help coastal communities combat the sea-level rise, and we are doing it in a way that it is accessible to all – not only cities or municipalities. We envision bringing this new infrastructure technology to the reach of homeowners or business owners, so they can protect their assets without blocking the view or access to the waters.
Services of design and manufacture Smart Walls, for the end-user or customer to install it hiring a local contractor of their preference.
Richmond, Virginia 23230, US
RES, a design-build environmental restoration firm, is a certified Class A Contractor in Virginia. We also have our engineering license. Many of our staff hold Professional Engineer (PE) licenses, Professional Wetland Delineator (PWD) certifications, Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certifications, Rosgen trained designers, and Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM) , among others.
As the nation’s largest ecological restoration company, RES supports the public and private sector with solutions for environmental mitigation, stormwater and water quality, and climate and flooding resilience. RES has a unique operating model for delivering ecological uplift, based on science-led design, full delivery, long-term stewardship, and guaranteed performance. RES designs, builds, and sustains sites that preserve the environmental balance, lifting impaired ecosystems into restored health and ultimately, self-sufficiency.
RES works closely and creatively with developers, operators, landowners, and regulatory agencies to balance the needs of the client, community, and the resource. We employ teams covering the full project lifecycle, combining in-house analytics and technical expertise with implementational resources and capabilities.
RES’ experience includes the restoration, enhancement, and preservation of 62,637 acres of wetlands and over 525 miles of streams.
RES will not require any assistance in obtaining capital for projects conducted under the Fight the Flood program. Ecological restoration and water resource solutions involve a suite of performance obligations not typically found in voluntary conservation projects, and RES’ business model is tailored specifically for executing restoration projects and providing all associated financial assurances. RES has significant operating capital and a robust balance sheet that will provide ample capacity to fund project implementation through acceptance of the project by clients and any associated monitoring periods.
RES is in a strong financial position and has the financial wherewithal to self-finance project-related cash flows. RES’ asset and cash position, as well as its credit capacity, enables a strategy of managing project capitalization without third-party financing, thus providing clients with a lower overall cost.
Yorktown, Virginia 23692, US
*Emerging company and RISE winner.
Specializing in dredging in reef delivery, specifically dredging shoreline restoration projects and with barge to deliver reefs to various locations.
Totally funded business.
Hagerstown, Maryland 21742, US
Muscle Wall is… a flood barrier system company that uses durable, hollow, walls that can be quickly moved into place to divert or contain water. Our reusable 2-foot, 4-foot, and 8-foot-tall walls when filled with water give them added stability. Time is money and Muscle Wall saves both. One 4ft x 6ft wall is equivalent to 468 sand bags. They have a UV rating of 10 years and can be set in place as a permanent solution or easily stack and store in a small area per our patented “L” shaped design.
Muscle Wall is a product not a service. We can demo how to deploy and suggest applications.
Muscle Wall was recently awarded FM Approval as well as a Certification of Compliance of all testing by the USACE for 2ft, 3ft, and 4ft Muscle Wall products. Muscle Wall is the only product on the market to receive this approval by the USACE for a flood control barrier at 4 feet high.
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322, US
An open, honest and transparent assessment of your water resources challenges.
Silver Jackets Program Manager while with the Norfolk District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Flood Risk Management Business Line Manager while with the Norfolk District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Building upon over 30 years of federal service, Shore Consulting Group provides a wide array of services to our water resources clients. Flood risk management services include structural and non structural solution sets which address both sea level rise and land subsidence issues. One of the first water resources professionals to publicly acknowledge and respond to this phenomena in the coastal and riverine environments of the Chesapeake Bay, our nation’s largest estuary. Environmental services include compliance with Section 404 of the Clean Water Act , Sections 10 and 14 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 and restoration opportunities. Well versed in Section 408 requirements to assist applicants with evaluations which ensure that their projects are not injurious to the public interest and will not impair the usefulness of Civil Works projects. Well versed in joining engineering and science based decision making to provide actionable outcomes to your water resources challenges.
- Flood Risk Management
- Environmental Compliance and Restoration
- Water Resources Policy
- Watershed Management
Gloucester, Virginia 23061, US
Class B Marine Contractor, Responsible Land Disturber
Riverworks, Inc. offers erosion control services, living shorelines, breakwaters, revetments, docks, boat houses and lifts, and green solutions for traditional problems. We are now in the second generation of leadership, with decades of experience in Virginia around the water. We have hundreds (if not thousands) of projects still in service around Tidewater, VA. We were an early proponent of living shorelines when other contractors were practicing traditional methods, and our projects from 30 years ago are still robust and functioning well. We refuse to cut corners on projects and stand behind all of our work with pride.
Free original consultation, estimates, and designs. We expedite projects where a quality of life issue is occurring, and prioritize emergency projects to the best of our ability to prevent further loss of property or damage.
- Living shorelines
- Erosion control services
- Stormwater control
- Oyster Reefs
- Boat houses
- Boat lifts
Gloucester, Virginia 23061, US
Alistair J. Ramsay L.S. is a small business in the Middle Peninsula concerned with producing high quality work in a timely fashion in the interest of our clients.
We provide many professional services in Gloucester, Mattews, Middlesex, King and Queen Counties:
- Boundary Surveys
- Subdivisions Major/Minor
- Topographic surveys
- Site Plans
- Physical Surveys
- Flood Certificates
- Chesapeake Bay Plans
- Construction Layout
- Plans of Development
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan
If you’d like to visit us, our office is in Suite 6 of the Heritage House office building on Martin Street. The Heritage House is behind Jessica’s Sweet Shop and Cafe. Business Hours are 7:00AM to 5:00PM, other hours available by appointment.
Chesapeake, Virginia 23323, US
WHO WE ARE
From commercial buildings, waterfront residences to large scale bulkheads Garbarino Construction has worked on many of the structures seen in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News and Hampton, Virginia. Additionally, Garbarino Construction has completed pile projects in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland & North Carolina.
WHAT WE DO
Family owned and operated for over 35+ years, Garbarino Construction understands the value of trust on the job site. Nick and Ryan Garbarino (brothers) know how to efficiently and effectively collaborate to meet the clients timelines and budgetary needs. From strategy sessions, safety meetings and pre-construction cross functional contractor sessions, Garbarino Construction will always be a value added partner on the project.
Truck / Heavy Hauling
Storage and Rigging
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23455, US
Water damage can happen to any property. Home Mechanix, LLC is a dynamic team of professionals that can mitigate potential issues and protect your investments. Home Mechanix is fully insured and bonded and will get your building up to FEMA compliance. Evaluations are always free!
Home Mechanix, LLC has a Class B contractors license. We know FEMA mitigation codes and have successfully mitigated over 500 homes in Hampton Roads. We understand the diagrams of structures and the approach required to make properties compliant with the NFIP.
We have implemented several processes that make the mitigation paperwork headache much easier. One of which is a report that we provide for our customers called the Flood Mitigation Compliance Report. Our FMCR has all mitigation notes required by FEMA & the underwriters and gathers & displays all work performed by HMMX between the homeowner, the surveyor, the insurance company involved & with the underwriters, helping make the certification of the structure compliant. This has proven to be a tremendous help for all involved. Also Home Mechanix was a semi-finalist with RISE in 2018, 1 of 7 out 52, chosen for a patent pending idea that Home Mechanix presented for flood mitigation. We have currently filed 5 patent-pending devices that are directed toward flood mitigation, one of which our latest, we will be publicly displaying soon as game changer, market disrupter, for crawl spaces that flood regularly….stay tuned.
Click here to view our appearance yesterday on the Hampton Roads Show.
FEMA FLOOD MITIGATION SERVICES
• flood vent design & installation
• basement to crawlspace conversions
• crawl spaces & fills
• flood prevention
• flood proofing
• dry wells
• mechanical drains
• crawlspace drainage systems
• basement drain systems
• pier supports
• foundation jacks
• joist sistering
• girder & seal repairs
• floor leveling
CRAWL SPACE REPAIRS
• clean outs & repairs
• vapor barrier installation
• ventilation systems
• insulation installation
• foundation vents & door repairs
Deltaville, Virginia 23043, US
Meredith Marine Construction LLC is located in Deltaville, Virginia. Licensed & Insured, Class A Contractor Michael Meredith specializes in piers, bulkheads, boat lifts, rock/ riprap, marina repairs, fill dirt/ sand.
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185, US
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental and facilities engineering. Today, with 2,000 employees, ECS has grown to more than 70 offices and testing facilities spread across the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. ECS is currently ranked 69 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, April 2020) and 154 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms (ENR, July 2020).
Lynchburg, Virginia 24504, US
Bridge & Stream Engineering provides water resources engineering solutions specializing in surface water hydrology, open channel hydraulics, the hydraulic design of drainage structures, bridge location surveys, floodplain analyses, channel stabilization, scour assessment and mitigation, permitting, drone data/video services, and dam safety.
Raleigh, North Carolina 27616, US
Natrx enables eco-engineering of essential infrastructure through advanced manufacturing tailored to natural systems. We aim to provide our clients with lower costs, enhanced resilience, and improved ecological outcomes vs. traditional building techniques with rock, steel, and concrete.
- Living shoreline design
- Flood mitigation design
- Habitat targeted design for relevant coastal species
- Digital renders and sea level rise planning
- Financial analysis of resilience alternatives and total carbon lifecycle analysis of projects
- Wetlands restoration and protection
- Digital production (“3D printing”) of site-tailored solutions
- Large volume production of unique casted solutions (> 50,000 tons) for large-scale projects
- Process safety planning for construction
- Permit planning and engineering
- Ecological monitoring
- 4 issued patents on estuarine and coastal shoreline armoring concepts
- 50,000+ of living shoreline solutions completed with our technology
- Additional 58,000 linear feet currently permitted
- 2019 Innovation of the Year Award American Society of Civil Engineers: Biogenic Shorelines
- RISE Resilience Winner Hampton Roads 2020
- Winner of Royal Dutch Shell Gamechanger Program for Coastal Innovation
Tackling shoreline stabilization in Lafourche Parish, LA with digital tools from inception to installation.
Urbanna, Virginia 23175, US
Bay Design Group is a full service Land Surveying and Civil Engineering firm located in Urbanna, VA and has served the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula Region for the past 46 years. Our licensed professionals design all different marine environment applications including, but not limited to Breakwaters with Beach Nourishment, Living Shorelines of varying characteristics, docks/piers, marina boat slips, RipRap Revetments and bulkheads. We help our clients to come up with the most effective shoreline improvements to ensure a long-lasting approach.
Specific services available to customers:
- Topographic/Hydrographic Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- Shoreline Stabilization Improvement Plans
- Joint Permit Applications
- Riparian Apportionment Surveys
- Bay Act Development Plans
- Grading/Drainage and Stormwater Management Plans
- Elevation Certificates
- Site Plans
- Wetland Delineations & Environmental Permitting
Licensed Land Surveyors (3)
Licensed Professional Engineers (2)
Licensed to do business in VA & NC
Newport News, Virginia 23606, US
Biogenic Solutions Consulting, LLC will offer a 15% discount to verified Fight the Flood members.
Biogenic Solutions Consulting, LLC has invested years into biogenic breakwater reef technology. Expertise in oyster reef restoration and living shorelines has enabled them to offer novel, biogenic solutions to private homeowners, commercial waterfront properties, and municipalities seeking more natural, sustainable approaches to shoreline protection and oyster reef development. They proudly state that their systems provide a reprieve from erosive wave energy, accelerate oyster reef community development, and allow for customization suitable to address both physical and budgetary constraints specific to each project site.
Services include the following:
- Living Shoreline Design Planning
- Assistance with Acquisition of Permits
- Fabrication Concrete Reefs (aka ‘Biogenic Breakwaters’)
- Guidance with Living Shoreline Assistance Programs
- Construction, Deployment, and Monitoring of Living Shoreline Reef Projects
- Underwater Videography Using ROVs and other Camera Systems
- Water Quality Assessments
- Performance of Field Surveys, including Riparian Zones and Subtidal Aquatic Habitats
- Provision of Other Environmental Consulting Services, As Requested
Want to help?
Download more information here about how to bring this program to your coastal community.DOWNLOAD